Posted: August 12, 2021
Dear Church Family,
We are back. Over the last week and a half my family and I had the privilege of reuniting with my wife’s immediate family south of the border. We also got to spend some time with my twin brother and his family that live in Auburn, WA. God blessed us with a good vacation and a much needed rest. Thankfully, we also got a break from all the heavy smoke.
While traveling, we spent time in North Cascades and Olympic National Parks. We hiked, got some great pictures, played and made wonderful memories. One stop I highly recommend is Ruby Beach in Olympic National Park. There we enjoyed fresh ocean air, exploring tide pools, and taking wonderful pics (see a few of our favourites in sidebar). This adventure required us waking up at 4:30 in the morning to be ready to check out of our lodging and make it in time for low tide.
Most of all, I praise God for health, rest, and time with family.
Life is not perfect and neither are vacations, but I am truly thankful for the special quality and quantity of time I had with my wife and son during this trip. I know traveling remains a challenge (with lingering COVID restrictions), is costly, and we are still in the middle of a bad fire season, but if you and your family are overdue for a rest, break, some kind of vacation, or even stay-cation—then take one now, or as soon as possible!
In closing, I want to thank each of you who pray for my family and I and have supported us in different ways. We are living in challenging times and your prayers and support are needed and felt. Let’s continue to life up one another in prayer. We will be victorious together!
My Hi-5 List:
- Reminder: Sports Night is on for this Thursday, August 12th ash 6:30PM!!! Devin McCann will be leading out, join in for some fun and exercise.
- Sabbath August 21 — Farewell Fellowship Lunch for the Hillier’s! Bring food for you and your family and join us this special Sabbath for food and fellowship!
- NOTICE! ADRA Needs Volunteers in Coldstream to help with sorting donations at a distribution warehouse. Each day 20 volunteers are needed and must have a criminal record check (for more information contact either Pastor Royce or visit the news section of our website which contains a full explanation).
- Mission Trip 2022 – get the word out that our church will be doing a mission trip in 2022. If you are interested please let Marcus Trayer or myself know. For those who missed our information session, we will be planning another one, but for now please read the attached info sheet (download here).
- Health Tip: lymph nodes play an important role in our immune system by producing infection fighting white blood cells. To give your lymphatic system a boost drink plenty of fluids and stay physically active which help improve lymph flow and function.
Sincerely, Pastor Royce Odiyar